Township residents may apply for permits to hold block parties by contacting the Community Policing Division at 267-536-1082. For approved permits, the Township will supply barricades to shut down motor vehicle traffic.
The following conditions apply to block party permit requests:
- A fee of $25 will be charged.
- Checks must be made payable to Abington Township
- Permit applications must be received by Abington Township no less than one week prior to the event date.
- Permit must be available for inspection during the block party.
- Marshall must be appointed to remove barricades and open the street for emergency vehicle traffic.
- Public property such as signs or fire hydrants may not be tampered with.
- Party holders must arrange for removal of litter & debris as soon as event is over.
- Loud music must be shut off by 10:00 P.M. Party attendees must be responsive to noise complaints.
- Permit holder must ensure that barricades, traffic cones and other items borrowed from Abington Township are secured for pickup by Township employees.
To hold a block party, residents will need to submit the Block Party Permit and Block Party List. Please click here to download the Block Party Permit and List.
Permit for download: Block Party Permit and List