Abington Township has a large item pick up service. A large item pick up must be scheduled and payment made in advance. Arrangement can be made at the following facilities:
Abington Township Building
1176 Old York Road
Abington, Pa., 19001
Phone: (267) 536-1034 or (267) 536-1038
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday
Ardsley Community Center
2828 Spear Avenue
Ardsley, Pa., 19038
Phone: (215) 576-1630
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday
Closed (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
515 Meetinghouse Road
Jenkintown, Pa., 19046
Phone: (215) 576-5213
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday
Public Works Yard
2201 Florey Lane
Roslyn, Pa., 19001
Phone: (267) 536-1038 or (267) 536-1034
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Monday through Friday
Large item pick ups can also be scheduled by mail. A request may be sent to Abington Township at 1176 Old York Road, Abington, Pa., 19001, Attention: Refuse Department. Include a description of the item or items to be picked up. Enclose a check made payable to Abington Township Refuse Department in the proper amount for the items being picked up. (see chart below for item pick up fee). Also list the resident's name and the address where the items will be collected, along with a telephone number so a message can be left informing the resident of the scheduled date for pick up.
- If the item to be picked up consists of metal the day normally scheduled will be either on a Wednesday or Friday.
- If the item to be picked up is not made of metal, the normally scheduled day will be either a Tuesday or a Thursday.
- Once an item has been scheduled for pick up, place it curbside by 7:00 A.M. on the scheduled date.
- Large amounts of trash such as garage and house clean out appointments must be made through the Refuse Department. The fee will be determined according to the amount of trash. Contact the Refuse Department at (267) 536-1038 or (267) 536-1034 to schedule an appointment date for someone to come out to your residence to determine the fee.
- The Township does not accept propane tanks. Propane tanks can be taken to a Montgomery County Hazardous Waste Collection.