Winter Storm Update
PECO Storm Restoration Update – March 5, 2018
PHILADELPHIA, March 05, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)
• Winter Storm Riley, with freezing rain, wet snow and strong winds, gusting to more than 50 mph, is one of the worst storms in PECO history. The nor’easter moved through the PECO service territory beginning midday Friday, March 2, bringing down trees and tree branches and causing severe and extensive damage to electric equipment.
• As of 8 a.m., fewer than 55,000 PECO customers are currently without electric service;
o Bucks County: 5,000
o Chester County: 4,700
o Delaware County: 22,000
o Montgomery County: 19,500
o Philadelphia County: 2,600
o York County: 600
• Overall, about 630,000 customers were impacted by the storm. Crews have safely restored service to about 90%, of customers.
• PECO crews, along with local contractors, are safely working to assess damage and restore service as quickly as possible.
• About 1,000 additional personnel, including those from our sister utility, ComEd, in Illinois and utilities in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Arkansas are supporting PECO’s ongoing restoration efforts.
• PECO will continue to have enhanced staffing in place through the remainder of the restoration effort and crews will work around the clock to restore service to all customers.
• Given the extent of the damage, this is a multi-day restoration effort. We know our customers are inconvenienced anytime they are without service and we appreciate their patience and understanding as we make repairs.
• Customers can access their ETR through our mobile app, automated phone system or online through our website and outage map.
• We anticipate that the vast majority of our customers will have service restored by Monday night, with service restored to all remaining customers by mid-week.
PECO urges our customers to stay safe
• PECO urges customers to be safe during severe weather by staying away from downed power lines and potentially damaged electric equipment.
• Customers should always assume that PECO equipment is energized.
What do we want customers to know/do?
• Customers experiencing any issues with their electric or natural gas service should contact PECO at 1-800-841-4141.
o Customers also can easily report issues with electric service at peco.com using their phone, tablet or computer or through PECO’s new mobile app.
o PECO’s free mobile app allows customers to easily access their account information on the go. Customers can report an outage, stay up-to-date on the restoration status, pay their bill, check their usage and more. The PECO free mobile app is available through the App Store or Google Play.
• Through our customer preference center, PECO customers can choose to receive a message via text, email or phone, when power is out in their area, when power is restored, or when the estimated restoration time for their outage changes. Customers should visit peco.com/alerts to sign up.
• Customers can find additional information at peco.com/outages. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/pecoconnect and on Twitter at twitter.com/pecoconnect.